The NightHawk Transport is invented to transport 5 infantry swiftly into anywhere. A common usage is to carry an Engineer and 4 combat troops to Tech buildings, especially Tech Oil Derricks (as done by the Allied AI). Allied designers equipped the NightHawk Helicopters with radar buffling armor, making the unit undetectable by enemy radars. Futhermore, the NightHawk flies quietly. This provokes human players to build defenses around their base and tech buildings.
This helicopter is used by Allied commanders as a method to deploy infantry wherever they are needed on the battlefield. It is common to deploy Tanya, squads of Navy SEALs, and Engineers with 4 other infantry. It is stealthed against radar, so it could be used to transport troops undetected.
When the NightHawk is destroyed, the infantry will escape by paradropping.
The helicopter is vulnerable to all forms of anti-air weaponry, especially the Obelisks of Darkness. Although it can not be detected via radar, the Nighthawk can be detected visually by enemy base defenses. Lastly, its machine gun was not effective against vehicles.
- Effective against infantry.
- Undetectable by radar.
- Can transport up to 5 infantry.
- Ineffective against armored threats.
- Vulnerable against all anti-air weaponry, especially the Obelisk of Darkness.
- Terror Drones can attack them while on ground.
- "Need a lift?"
- "Air transport ready!"
- "Pick'm up, set'm down!"
- "What's your request?"
- "Maneuvers in progress!"
- "Tour underway!"
- "Visibility clear!"
- "Fire on sight!"
- "Clearing a path!"
- "LZ is hot!"
Behind the ScenesEdit
- The helicopter is voiced by Grant Albrecht, who also voiced the Rhino Heavy Tank and the installer voiceover.
- The Nighthawk resembles a fusion of the CH-46 Sea Knight and the CH-53E Super Stallion helicopters, while according to the working name of the unit, "Black Hawk Transport", it would be the Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk. Both are used by the United States Marine Helicopter Squadron One (HMX-1), a squadron responsible of transportation of the United States President. The NightHawk Helicopter in-game has the same role, at the end of the RA2 Allied Mission "Operation: Hail to the Chief", when secret servicemen escorted Dugan to a Nighthawk. HMX-1 is also nicknamed 'The Nighthawks'.