"Mirage Tank" redirects here. For other uses, see Mirage Tank (disambiguation).
The Mirage Tank is the Allies' supreme stealth tank used during the Second Red War, the Psychic Dominator Disaster and the New World Order.
The tank is a technological marvel created by Albert Einstein. Developed relatively late in the war, it incorporated technology allowing it to take on the appearance of any organic item in order to disguise itself. Like in Shakespeare's Macbeth, the Mirage Tank was designed so that the forest could move.
The Mirage Tanks consists of a hemispherical turret mounted on a light tank chassis. The most prominent features, when not in hiding, are the twin projection units extending from the sides of the main turret. They change the tank's appearance to that of a nearby tree in the eyes of the enemy. They can take out enemies much like a sniper would, using incendiary ammunition.
It can kill almost all infantry (except Cyborgs) in just one or two hits. It can also take out most tanks in between three and five shots, and light vehicles like the Flak Track do not stand much of a chance against the Mirage Tank. A group consisting of 3 to 4 Mirage Tanks can quickly destroy most enemy structures except for the construction yard. However, its best use is as a defender of vulnerable areas, as a group of them can lie in wait and then quickly destroy nearby enemies.
Their first appearance is in the RA2 Allied campaign mission "Operation: Mirage", when the Commander had to defend Einstein's Laboratory and the Chronosphere and defeat all Soviet forces.
- Can kill almost all enemy infantry except cyborg in one hit.
- Can hide from plain sight
- Effective against enemy tanks
- Lightly armored
- Requires Battle Lab or Tech Lab
- Vulnerable to enemy anti-tank units, tanks and defenses
- Ineffective against structures
- "Mean, green, unseen!"
- "Aren't the trees lovely?"
- "Perfect hideout."
- "Natural sanctuary."
- "Want some shade?"
- "Nobody's here but us trees!"
- "Layin' low."
- "Look natural."
- "Creeping ahead."
- "On the prowl."
- "Going mobile."
- "Now you see me, soon you won't!"
- "Sneak attack!"
- "One more for the landfill!"
- "Time for an ambush!"
- In the cameo, the Mirage Tank has its turret rotated, while this is not possible igame.
- Some other mods enable the Mirage Tank to camouflage into rocks, signs, light posts, etc. in addition to the standard trees.