"GI" redirects here. For other uses, see GI (disambiguation).
G.I.s (Government Issue) are the basic infantry units of the Allies during the Second Red War, Psychic Dominator Disaster and New World Order.
Background and Game UnitEdit
These infantry are normally equipped with M4s. When deployed, the infantry covers tthemselves with sandbags to increase armor and equip themselves with M60s for better firepower, range and cooldown. 8 garrisoned GIs are capable of destroying an Apocalypse Tank.
- Excellent corridor defense in large numbers, especially deployed or garrisoned.
- Can destroy heavy armor in deployed mode in large numbers.
- Can take on light armor in deployed mode in large numbers.
- Able to garrison buildings.
- Can easily destroy buildings in large numbers, especially in entrenched positions.
- Can be easily crushed by heavy armor.
- Vulnerable to mind control.
- Vulnerable to air units.
- When deployed, GIs are very vulnerable to superweapons.
- Vulnerable to Cyborgs, Cyborg Commandos, Cyborg Paralyzer, elite Desolators and other anti-infantry weapon.
- When deployed, GIs are very vulnerable to artillery units unless the GIs undeploy and scatter to other places.
- "Sir, yes, Sir!"
- "Squared away, sir!"
- "How 'bout some action?"
- "Can do!"
- "Who's next!"
- "Movin' out!"
- "Got it!"
- "On my way!"
- "Double time!"
- "On the move!"
- "You got it!"
- "Enemy sighted!"
- "Let's do it!"
- "Diggin' in!"
- "Safety first, sir!"
- "We're pinned down!"
- "We're being attacked!"
- Conscript, Soviet basic infantry
- Initiate, Yuri basic infantry
- Marine, secret garrisonable combat infantry
- Wikipedia Entry
Behind the ScenesEdit
The G.I.s are played by Sharif Perry, Micheal Rouleau, Jeremy Olson, Brett Logan, Lamar Lucas and McKenzie Woodcock in the cutscenes. The game unit was voiced by Michael Bell, like most Allied infantry.